Author Topic: Hailey Dunn's Disappearance and Investigation  (Read 46496 times)

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
Re: Hailey Dunn's Disappearance and Investigation
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2011, 12:21:18 AM »
Hailey's Dad Suspected Adkins From The Beginning

By Jocelyn Tovar, KTXS News
POSTED: 9:31 pm CST January 14, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Hailey Dunn's father Clint is speaking out for the first time since KTXS first released affidavits with shocking information on his daughter's case.

Clint Dunn says he's no longer in contact with Hailey's mother, Billie Jean, since they weren't seeing eye-to-eye before the documents were released and now even more he needed to, "Separate himself from that situation."

Hailey's half sister Chloe wears a tiny shirt with her missing sister's picture on it. Clint says he's holding Chloe a little tighter than usual, "The stress and everything," Clint said, "I'm tired."

Hailey's mom's former boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was named as the only suspect in Hailey's disappearance: something that didn't surprise Clint. "He's the last person that's seen my baby girl," Clint said, "He's been on the top of my list."

Clint has been in Odessa where he handed out missing person fliers at stores and malls. He says he's been following his own leads and reviewing cases similar to his to try and find his daughter.

"I'm trying to learn the ropes reading up on situations like this," Clint said, "Scenarios, trying to get educated on the situation, you know. Too many of these situations don't turn out good especially each night that goes by."

Each night that passes, Clint says, he's more and more frustrated. Hailey's now been gone for 18 days.

"I feel like nobody's doing enough and everyone's doing so much," Clint said, "I'm going to feel like that until my daughter's found, I feel like I'm not going to feel like it's enough until my daughter's home."

The thing that's keeping him together through all this is the outpouring of love from communities all over the big country. "I can't thank em enough," Clint said, "I didn't know. It's amazing. I didn't know there would be that many people that cared."

We asked Clint about the affidavit's details and he said he doesn't focus on them because they're too upsetting.
EmailPrint

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26501844/detail.html

Offline Storm

• QUEEN
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2011, 12:33:26 AM »
Hailey's Father Speaks Out About Recent Information Involving His Daughter

by Anayeli Ruiz
NewsWest 9

COLORADO CITY - After a disturbing affidavit was released and after Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins was named 'a person of interest,' the question remains what does Hailey's father think of all of this?  NewsWest 9 met up with Hailey's father and asked him how he's taking in all of this new information.

Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, is trying to get the word out in hopes of finding his daughter soon. Dunn left Snyder on Wednesday in hopes to find his daughter; he had gotten several leads that she might be in Odessa. So he decided he come and look for himself. And while he was out searching, he passed out flyers and anything he could do to try and get the word out.

But on Tuesday night, when he heard the news of the affidavit he was really concerned and said he stayed up reading it all night trying to make sense of it all. His feeling are of anger and frustration. He told NewsWest 9, he knows Billie and says she would never hurt their daughter. And while he was with her, she was not in to horror films or mass murder items. Clint never thought that his kids would be in danger and all he can do now is hope that the affidavit is wrong and that his baby girl comes home soon.

"I have to focus my attention on what I am doing and that's looking for my daughter. The cops they have their focus on Billie and Shawn and their in the spotlight. So there is no need for me to put them in the spotlight, I need to look elsewhere and hopefully they didn't do anything to my daughter," Clint Dunn said.

Clint did mention that on New Years he was still living across the way from Billie and that he did not see a party going on, he did see cars but not a party. Clint also told NewsWest 9, he did not get along very well with Shawn Adkins and he said that in one instance he and Shawn got in to a fight. Clint does not want to blame anyone or point any fingers, all he wants is for his daughter to come home. 

Clint also said that when his daughter comes back, he plans on making sure she comes to live with him.

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13834651

This father could set an example for the CS and MG, when Haleigh went Missing...
Acta non verba

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2011, 12:34:18 AM »
I am reading that LE is denying TES access to go in and search.

http://www.facebook.com/LET.TES.SEARCH.FOR.HAILEY
Which may be a good thing imho.  Too much controversy at times.

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2011, 12:35:42 AM »
This father could set an example for the CS and MG, when Haleigh went Missing...
True!

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »
I am reading that LE is denying TES access to go in and search.

http://www.facebook.com/LET.TES.SEARCH.FOR.HAILEY

The head of one of the country's most elite search groups tells KTAB News they could possibly be in Colorado City this week to search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
Texas Equusearch Founder/Director Tim Miller says he spoke with Texas Rangers Monday morning and as soon as investigators have a good enough lead to pinpoint where Hailey could be, he's expecting a call.

Miller said, as it stands, there are 900 square miles to search and he's not sure how effective his group could be. He did add that if investigators can't find what they're looking for in the next few days, TES would likely go to town.

TES has been involved in some of the most high profile missing persons cases including that of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

Most recently, the group helped located the body of Houston-area 12-year-old Jonathan Foster after he was allegedly abducted.

TES is known for being able to deploy on short notice resources such as radar, sonar, scuba diving or SAR dog teams, and vehicles ranging from all-terrain vehicles to boats to aircraft to remotely operated vehicles.

Texas Equusearch is a non-profit group that operates on donations. The services of TES don't cost taxpayers or law enforcement agencies.

www.bigcountryhomepage.com

Offline Searching

• QUEEN
« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »
The head of one of the country's most elite search groups tells KTAB News they could possibly be in Colorado City this week to search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.
Texas Equusearch Founder/Director Tim Miller says he spoke with Texas Rangers Monday morning and as soon as investigators have a good enough lead to pinpoint where Hailey could be, he's expecting a call.

Miller said, as it stands, there are 900 square miles to search and he's not sure how effective his group could be. He did add that if investigators can't find what they're looking for in the next few days, TES would likely go to town.

TES has been involved in some of the most high profile missing persons cases including that of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

Most recently, the group helped located the body of Houston-area 12-year-old Jonathan Foster after he was allegedly abducted.

TES is known for being able to deploy on short notice resources such as radar, sonar, scuba diving or SAR dog teams, and vehicles ranging from all-terrain vehicles to boats to aircraft to remotely operated vehicles.

Texas Equusearch is a non-profit group that operates on donations. The services of TES don't cost taxpayers or law enforcement agencies.

www.bigcountryhomepage.com
Ohh so they are going to allow them in when they have a better idea where to search?

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »
Ohh so they are going to allow them in when they have a better idea where to search?
Good morning Searching, all!

At least thats how the article readss Searching.  I guess we will see.

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #247 on: January 15, 2011, 11:10:29 AM »

Photo by Thomas Metthe
Authorities wearing hazmat suits sift through piles of trash at the Abilene Environmental Landfill on Friday afternoon, Jan. 14, 2011.

UPDATED 9:08 p.m.: Search for Hailey Dunn expanded to Abilene landfill
Cadaver dogs used for search

* Hannah Boen boenh@reporternews.com / 325-676-6769
    * Abilene Reporter-News
    * Posted January 14, 2011 at 1:48 p.m., updated January 14, 2011 at 9:09 p.m.

Law enforcement officials in hazardous materials suits and cadaver dogs sifted through piles of trash at a landfill north or Abilene on Friday in the search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

Allied Waste, a local division of Republic Services, was contacted last week by the FBI and the Abilene Police Department regarding officials' intent to search the landfill for a missing person, according to Peg Mulloy, Republic Services' media relations manager.

"This is a police matter," Mulloy said in an e-mail Friday afternoon, "and we have no information about the details of the search itself."

Mulloy said authorities had been searching the site since Thursday. Later, Pete Kampfer, city manager of Colorado City who also has served a spokesperson for his cit's police department, told the Reporter-News that the search at the landfill had been completed.

At least a dozen people in protective suits were seen Friday afternoon looking through garbage at the landfill. A track loader scooped debris into smaller piles to be examined.

Kampfer confirmed that cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice also were searching the landfill.

Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect the scent of decomposing bodies.

Abilene police Sgt. Craig Jordan confirmed local law enforcement's involvement in the search, but declined to comment further about the nature of the search, which ended Friday as darkness fell on the landfill.

News of the search came shortly after Kampfer declared Shawn Adkins a suspect and the primary person of interest in Hailey Dunn's disappearance.

Adkins, the former boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, reportedly was the last person to see the girl. He has since left the household and is believed to be staying in Dunn, a community about 15 miles north of Colorado City, under law enforcement surveillance.

The 13-year-old was reported missing by her mother Dec. 28.

The landfill search comes as part of almost three weeks of investigation into the Dunn case. More than a dozen law enforcement agencies have been involved in searching more than 30 square miles of land — both by foot and from the air — for the missing girl, according to Kampfer.

The Allied Waste site is where trash collected in Colorado City is brought, Mulloy said, and the landfill staff was cooperating with the FBI and local law enforcement to ensure that no members of the news media are allowed within the area being searched.

Those bringing items to the landfill, however, were allowed to do business but in another part of the landfill.

Law enforcement officials consistently have said all aspects of Hailey Dunn's disappearance would be investigated, including the possibility that she had run away, or that criminal activity may be involved.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
Day 19: Searchers Refuse to Give Up Hope to Find Hailey

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Saturday, January 15 2011

Colorado City, TX -   One day after learning Shawn Adkins has been named a suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, volunteers say they refuse to give up their search to bring the 13-year-old back to Colorado City alive.

On Friday, images of investigators sifting through trash at an Abilene landfill in connection with the investigation painted a grim picture. Law enforcement tells bigcountryhomepage.com cadaver dogs got two "hits" at Allied Waste Services. Though law enforcement wouldn't discuss what the "hits" were, it doesn't appear any remains were uncovered. Authorities now say the search at that specific landfill has ended.

Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, has been holed up in home in the town of Dunn since failing a polygraph exam last week. He, along with other persons of interest in the case, is under 24-7 surveillance by law enforcement.

Though authorities have labeled Adkins a suspect, he has not been arrested. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said law enforcement likely needs to discover more evidence before charging him with a crime.

On Saturday, volunteer searchers plan to gather outside the home where Adkins is staying for a short time. Volunteers have been doing this almost daily. Those involved in the search tell KTAB's Victor Sotelo they walk near the home to "make their presence felt."

Holly Jenkins is one of the searchers who has devoted her time to trying to find Hailey.

"Shawn's across the street watching us," said volunteer searcher Holly Jenkins. "I just have this motherly intuition."

Jenkins is from Midland and vows to stay searching in the community of Dunn until Hailey is found. Freda Radcliff is also involved in the efforts to find the missing girl.

"I'm not feeling to well about the mother or the boyfriend right now," Radcliff told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro earlier this week. "I think it's going to be a horrible outcome," said Radcliff. "The fact that she said she could be found in Scurry County and that they should be looking at both of them. They've done something to her."

Despite her gut feeling, Radcliff says she and other searchers will still focus on their mission.

"I'm here for Hailey. That's the only person that I'm here for," said Radcliff.

"She's a little girl who needs all of us," added Jenkins. "We all should be out here helping."

On Friday, Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said she doesn't know if Adkins is involved in her daughter's disappearance. For the first time, she directly addressed her boyfriend.

"Shawn, if you have nothing to hide, I really wish you would talk to he investigators and would get this cleared up," she said.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331756

Offline Searching

• QUEEN
« Reply #249 on: January 15, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
I am glad searchers are not giving up!!

snipped for space:
"On Friday, Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said she doesn't know if Adkins is involved in her daughter's disappearance. For the first time, she directly addressed her boyfriend.

"Shawn, if you have nothing to hide, I really wish you would talk to he investigators and would get this cleared up," she said."

The way I read this was a little tidbit was left out of the article, this was apparently on TV (the interview with Billie) and she did say the first part but added "so you can come back home" not verbatim, but I am sure you can guess how angry I am at that ending. WHY would she want that person, the POI in her daughters disappearance, the very person her daughter was apparently terrified of, back in her home.  "pissedoff:

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2011, 01:49:02 PM »
Abilene Landfill Closed: No Sign Of Search Activity Saturday Morning

By Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 10:49 am CST January 15, 2011

ABILENE, Texas -- The Allied Waste landfill on the northern edge of Abilene remained closed Saturday morning with no sign of renewed activity in the search for Hailey Dunn, the Colorado City 13-year-old who has been missing since Dec. 27.

The gates at the entrance to the landfill are locked and a sign reads "Closed," one day after more than a dozen law enforcement personnel, including cadaver dogs trained to search for decomposing bodies, searched for any remains or evidence related to the case.

Sources told KTXS News that there were two "hits," or possible scent recognitions by the dogs, which were provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. However, it remained unconfirmed Saturday morning whether the dogs actually found evidence related to the case.

More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were involved in the search Friday, including officers with the Abilene Police Department, who were there to help in the search.

Meanwhile, the search for Hailey continued Saturday morning across vast areas in West Texas, with searches being conducted or having been conducted in at least four different counties over the past several days.

There remains a $15,000 reward offered for the return of Hailey.

Volunteer search parties again met and went out into the area surrounding the small community of Dunn, located in southern Scurry County and just 12 miles north of Colorado City.

The volunteers are searching numerous wooded and overgrown areas, including a number of sites of abandoned farm houses, piles of debris and decaying buildings. Searchers look around the property then leave behind orange strips of tape to indicate the area has received at least a preliminary search.

The community of Dunn is also the location of suspect Shawn Adkins, who is living at his grandmother's house there while under 24-hour surveillance by law enforcement personnel.

In an Associated Press exclusive interview published Friday, Adkins said he was not responsible for Hailey's disappearance.

Adkins was the last person to see Hailey alive, claiming that she told him she was spending the night with a friend. However, she never made it to the friend's house -- and they didn't have plans to be together, the friend said.

Law enforcement affidavits used to secure search warrants first acquired and made public by KTXS News earlier this week increased focus on Adkins as a primary suspect.

The affidavits revealed numerous inconsistencies and contradictions in Adkins' statements.

The affidavits also called into question his whereabouts on Dec. 27, the day Hailey went missing.

His statements about being fired from his job, later changed to his quitting on Dec. 27, was contradicted by his employer, who called Adkins a good employee.

Adkins' whereabouts immediately after he abruptly left work on Dec. 27 -- just 10 minutes after arriving there at 6 a.m. -- were contradicted by cell telephone records, which indicate he likely went to Colorado City, rather than Big Spring, as he had claimed.

Details provided in the affidavits suggest about a three-hour gap in knowledge about exactly where Adkins was on Dec. 27.

Adkins is the only named suspect in the case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26504758/detail.html

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #251 on: January 15, 2011, 05:42:57 PM »
Texas town holds onto hope for teen's safe return

By BETSY BLANEY
The Associated Press

COLORADO CITY, Texas — There are signs of anguish all across this West Texas town: Orange ribbons are tied around trees, stops signs and car antennas. Posters and fliers with photos of missing 13-year-old Hailey Darlene Dunn are plastered on storefront doors and public offices.
Authorities wearing hazmat suits sift through piles of trash at the Abilene Environmental Landfill in Abilene, Texas, as part of the investigation of Colorado City, Texas, teen Hailey Dunn on Friday afternoon, Jan. 14, 2011.

In front of her school, a sign reads: "Have hope."

Since late December, law enforcement officers and dozens of volunteers have been searching for the teen. Police in Colorado City have said they're not sure whether the middle school cheerleader ran away or was abducted, and details about the case have been scarce until this week, when a town official named her mother's former live-in boyfriend as one of several people of interest in the case. But despite hundreds of leads, searches by horseback, cadaver dogs and helicopter, and even a $15,000 reward for her return, there is still no answer about what happened to Hailey.

"It's real hard," said Denise Coates, a mother of three from nearby Howard County who has helped search for Hailey. "It's in your backyard, and she's the same age as your kids. I'm very concerned about her well-being."

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn, whose boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw Hailey a day earlier when she told him she was going to her father's nearby home and would stay overnight with a friend. She did neither.

Since then, candlelight vigils have been held and fliers with Hailey's photo have been taped across Colorado City, a town of 4,500 people about 240 miles west of Dallas. A Facebook site set up to help in the search has more than 13,000 fans from across the country, and more than 100 billboards with her picture and information appear along interstates in West Texas and other places.

Police affidavits released this week offer a few details, but suggest the teen's mother and her live-in boyfriend lied and gave contradictory statements to investigators. Both have strongly denied involvement in Hailey's disappearance and claimed they were misquoted by police.

Dunn, who said she asked Adkins to move out Jan. 5, said she's frustrated.

"People still need to be worried about my daughter not being at home, still," Dunn told The Associated Press. "It's so hard to keep your faith. I'm really scared. Anything could have happened."

Officials have said Adkins is among several people of interest, but they declined to offer details about any others. Adkins told AP on Friday that he had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance and said he prays daily for her safe return.

"My life over the past couple of weeks has been flipped upside down and I struggle so hard just to make it through the day," he said.

Friends and family told investigators it was out of character for Hailey to leave for an extended time without checking in with her mother. If she had planned to stay overnight at a friend's house, Hailey left without her toothbrush, hairbrush and contact lens solution. Cash, a new iPod, and a jacket that friends said she would not leave home without were still in her room.

In the affidavits, police said they obtained information that Dunn and Adkins hosted a New Year's party just days after Hailey went missing. Adkins told investigators the couple just had a few friends over for drinks, and Dunn told the AP she "completely" denies there was a party.

Dunn also has downplayed investigators' claims that she and Adkins seemed fascinated with sadistic sex and brutal crimes. The affidavits said investigators who searched the couple's home found printouts of at least 16 different articles related to sex crimes and serial killings, some involving adolescents. Dunn said her interest in true crime cases was just "a hobby."

She also denied lying to police. She said she left an interview after taking a polygraph because she was tired; she'd been questioned for hours when investigators told her they believed she had been untruthful.

During Adkins' polygraph, he indicated Hailey could be in Scurry County, just north of Mitchell County and where Adkins has relatives. But when pressed for a location, "Adkins refused . . . and walked out of the Police Department," according to an affidavit. Adkins said he left on the advice of his attorney.

Police, in the affidavit, said Adkins' telephone records "dispute" his claim that he visited his mother on the morning of Dec. 27, the day he told authorities he last saw Hailey.

Witnesses said Adkins left work at 6:10 a.m., and Adkins told investigators and, on Friday, confirmed to the AP that he went straight to his mother's house in Big Spring, about 40 miles west of Colorado City. But records show calls from Adkins' cell phone were placed from Colorado City between 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m., when Hailey would have been home alone, according to an affidavit.

Adkins said the affidavits are inaccurate. In one, police said Adkins at first was "very positive" about Hailey but later indicated she was promiscuous and used drugs — but Adkins said Friday he told police only that Hailey's mother mentioned to him that she'd discussed birth control with her daughter.

Adkins' relatives also came to his defense. His uncle, Matt Taggart, described his nephew as passive and gentle, saying he had "never even seen him get angry."

"We are a family unit and we will remain a family unit until Shawn's name is cleared," added his grandmother, Renee Norwood, who claimed authorities were wrongly looking at her grandson. "I'm just fed up. Where is Hailey?"

Officials shied away from commenting on whether time had diminished their chances of finding her unharmed.

"We don't want anyone to give up," said Pete Kampfer, the town's city manager. "I'm more optimistic than a lot of folks. There's not a give up on this type of thing."

Others were less optimistic.

Mary Upshaw, whose home is kitty-corner to where Hailey lives with her mother and older brother, David, said she often spoke with Hailey when the girl walked past her house on her way to school. Upshaw consciously used the past tense, saying Hailey "was a sweet, little" girl.

"That's the way I feel about it," Upshaw, 64, said. "That she's not with us anymore. I hope I am (wrong), but I don't think so."

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/texas-town-holds-onto-805132.html

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2011, 10:57:57 AM »
Hailey Dunn Missing Cheerleader Girl From Texas Still Missing

Written by Michelle Smith on Sunday, January 16, 2011

The mother of Hailey Dunn and her live in boyfriend have both failed polygraph tests. Dunn went missing on December 27th and has not been seen since.

The mother, Billie Dunn, said she decided to take the polygraph after her boyfriend failed the test, one Shawn Adkins.

After his failure she asked him to leave her home but then continued to fail her own test after she was unable to answer several questions.

In the beginning the police believed this to be a runaway case. However, the case has now shifted to a missing persons and they have started a massive search and rescue effort in the process. The officials are concentrating their efforts on the heavily wooded areas along with the Colorado River.

Scent tracing dogs have been brought in but thus far they have turned up very little. They did manage to pick up her scent in a motel parking lot and then into a ground floor room but the trail went cold and there were no clues inside the room.

The family members have said that running away is not like Hailey. As such they are holding out hope that she will turn up somewhere. Police continue to question the mother and the boyfriend in the disappearance hoping to get some insight into the disappearance.

At this time the mother and boyfriend are the only suspects in the disappearance despite the fact that they deny any involvement in the case, claiming to not have seen the girl for more than a week.

Short URL: http://thenewsportalonline.com/?p=8319

http://thenewsportalonline.com/hailey-dunn-missing-cheerleader-girl-from-texas-still-missing/118319/

Offline Tracian

• DIVA
    • Well Behaved Women rarely make history
« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2011, 04:59:27 PM »
So LE is saying that they are both suspects?

Offline scarfacethemovie

• QUEEN
  • You wanna play rough?Say hello to my little friend
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
could this mom be any more stoic?  NO emotion... no tears.... acts like when she leaves the studio, she can go home and eat dinner....

also agreed wit Tattered.... another case of mom with child meets new guy, pretty soon it is just mom and new guy..... another Hailey gone????

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »
So LE is saying that they are both suspects?
Sunday, law enforcement say there's still no developments worth mentioning in the case, as it nears 3 weeks since Hailey was last seen.

Though they say they have several persons of interest, Shawn Adkins is the only named suspect.

No Sign Of Hailey Dunn, Residents Turn To Power Of Prayer

By Cassandra Garcia, KTXS News
POSTED: 3:43 pm CST January 16, 2011
UPDATED: 5:49 pm CST January 16, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- 20 days into the disappearance of 13-year old Colorado City girl, Hailey Dunn, her community is determined to keep a positive attitude.

In the weeks KTXS has been covering the Hailey Dunn case, one thing has remained the same for the folks in Colorado City: hope.

Sunday, at Christian Temple Church in Colorado City, the church Hailey at times attended, people say putting their faith in God has kept them going through all this.

Sunday morning, the 11 o'clock service at Temple Christian Church was filled with music and praise.

Though many say it's difficult to speculate about Hailey Dunn's disappearance, they're looking to prayer to find answers to the many questions going through everyone's mind.

Sunday, law enforcement say there's still no developments worth mentioning in the case, as it nears 3 weeks since Hailey was last seen.

Saturday, Colorado City officials say the search of the Abilene landfill came up unsuccessful.

Though they say they have several persons of interest, Shawn Adkins is the only named suspect.

In an AP interview Friday, Adkins told AP reporters he would never hurt Hailey. Adkins has refused to talk to local media for several days now.

And while the questions continue to mount on where this little girl could be, Christian Temple Associate Pastor Shane Johnson says they're still hoping for the best, "The word tells us there is power in prayer and with the Hailey Dunn case. As long as it's gone on, God's ways are bigger than our ways, they're different than our ways."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26512025/detail.html

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »
Raw Interviews with Adkins after Hailey Disappeared

Reported by: Laura Kellerman and Priscilla Luong
Sunday, January 16 2011

Abilene, TX—Shawn Adkins, who has been named a suspect in the disappearance of His girlfriend's daughter, Hailey Dunn, isn't saying much lately to the media or to investigators.

But KTAB's Priscilla Luong interviewed him together with Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, on Jan. 3 and Jan. 4, after the 13-year-old had been missing for seven or eight days.

Adkins said he was clueless as to why she would have run away.

"She's very outgoing and she loves her family.  That's her number one thing.  She's very involved in school, loves posrts, and she's just overall a wondrful girl," he said on Jan. 3.

"I didn't see anything out of ordinary other than the police saying she didn't take anything.  That raised some red flags to us and really, really worrried us."

On Jan. 4, following harsh comments made about him on Nancy Grace the night before, Adkins said it was frustrating, but didn't bother him because his main focus was Hailey's safe return.

"I love her with all my heart and I believe she loves me with all her heart," he said on Jan. 4.  "As far as me, Hailey, Billie and David, we get along fine.  I would never do anything with that little girl.  I love her with all my heart."

Watch the raw interviews below.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331907
Shawn Adkins Interview: January 3

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331907
Jan. Shawn Adkins Interview: January 4

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »
Time Line: Dunn's Disappearance and Search Efforts

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Saturday, January 15 2011

The following time line of events was compiled by Bigcountryhomepage.com based on information gathered each day during the search for Hailey Dunn, interviews with Hailey's mother both conducted by our reporters and by Headline News' Nancy Grace, by reports published by other local media outlets, such as ccitynews.net, information from investigators, and search warrant affidavits.  This time line is not meant to be a point of reference, not a fact guide.

Anyone with information about Hailey Dunn is asked to contact the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.

Sunday, Dec. 26

* Hailey spent the night with her dad, Clint Dunn, on Christmas, so the morning of Dec. 26 was the last time he saw her
    * David Dunn, Hailey's brother, says Hailey is playing a video game at home at 9 p.m.   Based on her skill level, he believes she'll be playing until midnight.

Monday, Dec. 27

* Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, says live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is fired from his job after some sort of blow-up
    * Affidavits show Adkins arrived to work in Snyder at 6 a.m. and left without saying anything at 6:10 a.m.
    * Adkins tells authorities he went straight to his mother's home in Big Spring.  However, cell phone records show Adkins phone was used at 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m. in Colorado City.
    * Nearly a dozen call were made from Adkins' phone in the Big Spring area from 9:38 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
    * A neighbor reportedly sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard around noon.
    * Adkins tells authorities comes home at 3 p.m.
    * Hailey tells him at 3:15 p.m. that she is going to her dad’s, then to Mary Beth’s for a sleepover, but neither Clint nor Mary Beth see or hear from her.
    * Adkins and Dunn withdraw $140 from an ATM in Snyder Monday evening.  Affidavits say the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics.

Tuesday, Dec. 28

* Billie calls her son, David, and asks him to tell Hailey to come home
    * Hailey is reported missing

Wednesday, Dec. 29

* Bigcountryhomepage.com reports the story and airs a description of Hailey, saying police are treating it as a missing person

Thursday, Dec. 30

* A description and photo of the missing girl have been entered in the TCIC NCIC Region 5 broadcast system which covers surrounding counties. Also, the information has been put on the CopSync system providing anyone in the state with the CopSync system a picture and information on Dunn.
    * Bigcountryhomepage.com reports interim police chief John Bivens is treating the case as a runaway
    * Searches begin in Colorado City

Friday, Dec. 31

* Bloodhounds follow Hailey’s scent through her neighborhood and to the general vicinity of the Western Suites Motel
    * Friends set up a Facebook page to spread the word
    * A donor creates a $1,000 reward

Saturday, Jan. 1

* Concerned residents looking to get the word out about Hailey's disappearance turn to the internet and social media.

Sunday, Jan. 2

* The reward is increased to $10,000
    * Hundreds show up for a candlelight vigil

Monday, Jan. 3

* Nancy Grace takes Hailey’s disappearance national and interviews Billie Dunn
    * Grace and guests criticize the initial treatment of the case as a “runaway”
    * FindHaileyDunn.com is created

Tuesday, Jan. 4

* Reward is increased to $25,000 (to be later reduced to $15,000)
    * The case is changed with “missing person”

Wednesday, Jan. 5

* Billie Dunn, Adkins take polygraph tests.  Both fail, according to Dunn.
    * Adkins leaves town to stay with relatives
    * Dunn is interrogated for more than 10 hours
    * ABC News airs story about disappearance

Thursday, Jan. 6

* Texas Rangers search Dunn home and seize evidence
    * DPS helicopter conducts aerial search
    * Investigators say the search is intensifying and they’re narrowing leads
    * Billie Dunn appears again on Nancy Grace, saying she was told Adkins failed the polygraph prior to her test, then failed herself.
    * Lamar unveils donated missing person billboards
    * CBS News, Fox News air stories about disappearance

Friday, Jan. 7

* Volunteers are asked to gather at 2 p.m. at the Mitchell County Court House to begin a county-wide search
    * Law enforcement conducts door-to-door interviews in Colorado City
    * The polygraph administrator says he did not release the results to anyone
    * DPS interviews Billie Dunn again   

Saturday, Jan. 8

* Volunteers head out to again search for clues
    * Law enforcement continues going door-to-door in Colorado City. Primary focus for the day moves to Dunn, Texas
    * Authorities say they've found nothing to lead them to believe foul play is involved in Hailey's disappearance.
    * "Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook page reaches 10,000 fans.
    * Billie and Clint Dunn both submit DNA samples in the event a body needs to be identified.

Sunday, Jan. 9

* Authorities say key players in the case are not being forthcoming with the truth
    * A witness comes forward saying she saw Hailey walking with two girls either December 26th or 27th. Authorities ask those girls to come forward
    * Hundreds gather in towns across the Big Country to pray for Hailey at vigils.

Monday, Jan. 10

* DPS and the Texas Rangers spoke to Colorado Middle School students pleading for anyone who knew anything about Hailey to come forward.  They emphasized to the kids that no one was in trouble.
    * Investigators interview two students, but haven't said if they are the ones that were spotted with Hailey.
    * Nancy Grace dedicates another one-hour broadcast to the Dunn investigation.
    * Law enforcement says they're working two investigations in this case: one that Hailey is a missing person and two that she's the victim of a crime.
    * Authorities say there's no evidence Hailey is a runaway or is hiding.

Tuesday, Jan. 11

* Investigators plan to follow up on leads from the dozens of tips they're receiving each day.
    * The FBI gets involved in the releasing of information to the public.
    * Officers say they'll try to do a better job communicating with the family.
    * Affidavits are released revealing a chilling timeline of events regarding Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins

Wednesday, Jan. 12

* Billie Dunn responds to the affidavits saying most of the items are true.  She does have issue with three aspects of the documents.
    * Adkins refuses to respond to the affidavits
    * Authorities say they have several "persons of interest."  They reveal Adkins is among them.
    * Law enforcement says its continues to follow up on the nearly 250 tips they've received.  80 square miles has been searched.
    * Nancy Grace again features the Dunn case.

Thursday, Jan. 13

* An article appears on the main page of CNN.com bringing Hailey's story to tens of thousands.
    * Hailey's paternal grandmother says Hailey was scared of Adkins and theorizes that he killed her

Friday, Jan. 14

* Adkins is named a suspect in the investigation.
    * Dunn's seized car is returned to her; investigators hold on to a few items from inside the car
    * Investigators comb through an Abilene landfill looking for clues.

Saturday, Jan. 15

* Officials confirm the search at an Abilene landfill did not results in any evidence found.
    * Shawn Adkins refuses our requests for interview for the fifth straight day.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

Offline jmjarj

• DIVA
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2011, 01:51:15 AM »
Thank you for posting the time line Heart!  :coffeetime:

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:53 PM »
Thank you for posting the time line Heart!  :coffeetime:
My pleasure jmjarj!

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
Investigation Into Hailey Dunn's Disappearance Not Losing Momentum

By Cassandra Garcia, KTXS News
POSTED: 2:09 pm CST January 17, 2011
UPDATED: 5:16 pm CST January 17, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- 21 days into the disappearance of 13-year old Colorado City teen, Hailey Dunn, law enforcement say their investigation has not lost momentm.

Monday, law enforcement in Colorado City continued to follow leads in the Hailey Dunn case.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer says officials including the FBI, Texas Rangers, various sheriff's departments and local police departments remain in the area looking for clues as to what might have happened to Hailey.

December 27th Hailey was reported missing. Her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, told KTXS she was walking to a friends house, but never made it.

Adkins is the only named suspect in the case, but in an exclusive interview with AP Adkins denies ever hurting the teen.

Monday morning, officials say they received a tip from someone who says they saw Hailey walking down County Road 208 in Scurry County, but by early this afternoon they had ruled out the lead.

Kampfer says the focus has shifted to a criminal investigation and assures the community that tools like forensics and the best agencies are on the case.

"We are not giving up, because there is not a physical presence that you see of law enforcement that doesn't mean we're not being aggressive," said Kampfer.

Last Friday, law enforcement searched the Abilene Landfill, Kampfer said they have chosen not to release any information about their findings.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26519425/detail.html

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
Inconsistencies in the Investigation for Hailey Dunn

By Robin Stanfill
Published Jan 17, 2011

Not all the inconsistencies in the investigation for Hailey Dunn are on behalf of the family.

There have been some inconsistencies in the information being relayed in this case; however, in some instances, not all the inconsistencies are on behalf of the family. Some of the inconsistencies have been from law enforcement.

Polygraphs

Police deny telling Billie Dunn that her boyfriend had failed his polygraph, prior to administering Dunn's polygraph test. In fact, law enforcement deny telling anyone the results of polygraph tests. Coincidentally, when the Search Warrant Affidavits were released, the information concerning the polygraphs was the same as that which Billie Dunn claimed law enforcement had relayed to her.

New Years Eve Party

In one of Affidavits, law enforcement state that Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins hosted a New Years Eve party, 2 days following Hailey's disappearance. On January 12, 2010, on CNN's Nancy Grace, Billie Dunn clarified that she had not hosted a party. Dunn stated that relatives from out of town had waited until the weekend to see if Hailey had been found, before coming into town to lend their support. Dunn said an aunt, uncle, their grandchild and Dunn's 2 brothers were present. Dunn stated that there was food present, but the only person who may have consumed alcohol was Shawn Adkins, who may have had a beer.

Search for Hailey

On December 31, 2010, Police Chief, John Biven publicly stated that based on the evidence, his department considered Hailey a runaway. On January 10, 2011, law enforcement stated that the investigation is, and always had been, approached as both, a runaway and criminal. Then, on January 10, 2011, DPS Trooper Sparky Dean publicly stated that based upon information received from middle school students, he was confident that Hailey was alive and in hiding, although, he admitted there was no evidence to support that conclusion. To the contrary of this assertion, the investigation continued searching various locations, including combing creek bottoms and the Colorado River.

Shawn Adkins’ Inconsistent Statements

In the course of the investigation, according to law enforcement, Shawn Adkins described Hailey as a "good girl" and related only positive characteristics of Hailey. Law enforcement relay that all the witnesses who were questioned related only positive characteristics of Hailey, with the exception of 2 young boys who claim Hailey may have attempted to purchase marijuana. Adkins later described Hailey as promiscuous and stated that she was into drugs.

Adkins stated to law enforcement that he was fired from his job, on the Monday of Hailey's disappearance. He stated that he drove from his place of employment directly to his mother's house in Big Spring, Texas. Adkins later stated to law enforcement that he quit his job after an altercation with his supervisor. Investigators were informed by Adkins' employer that not only was he not fired, there had been no altercation. Adkins' employer stated that Adkins arrived at work, purchased a drink from the break room and then left the premises, without incident.

Cell Phone “Pings”

Pursuant to Adkins' Verizon cell phone records, Adkins did not drive directly to his mother's house in Big Spring. His cell phone pings show his location to be in the area of Colorado City, Texas from 6:35 am to 6:56 am, with a break in usage until 9:38 am to 2:40 pm. At 2:40, his cell phone pings show his location to be in Big Spring, Texas.

No one has been charged in connection with the disappearance of Hailey Dunn; however, law enforcement have named Shawn Adkins, the mother’s boyfriend, as the primary “person of interest”.

Sources:

State of Texas, Mitchell County Search Warrant Affidavits

Read more at Suite101: Inconsistencies in the Investigation for Hailey Dunn http://www.suite101.com/content/inconsistencies-in-the-investigation-for-missing-cheerleader-hai-a334024#ixzz1BLNN2Vrb
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 11:07:06 PM by Heart »

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2011, 08:03:03 PM »
Missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn: Sheriff's posse joins search

Photo by Thomas Metthe
Terry Pelton, left center, gives search instructions to members of the Taylor County Sheriff Posse members outside of the Dunn Community Center on Sunday morning, Jan. 16, 2011, during the search for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

DUNN — When John Curtis left Abilene Sunday morning for Dunn, he was hoping his search would come up empty.

Curtis, the president of the Taylor County Sheriff's Posse and 35 other members of the group, spent most of the day on Sunday searching parts of Scurry County, south of Dunn, for clues in the disappearance of Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

"I prayed this morning that if we didn't find her, that means that she's still alive. That's what we're all hoping for," Curtis said.

All of the searchers from the Taylor County Sheriff's Posse were mounted on horseback, which allowed them to cover a lot more ground in much less time than it would take someone on foot.

"Horses are higher up, and we can see more ground and go through the thicker brush that can't be accessed on foot," Curtis said.

After more than five hours of searching, Curtis said he felt confident that Hailey Dunn wasn't in the area.

The 36 riders, who were searching in groups of two or more, looked through bar ditches, fields, dried stock tanks and creek beds, but found no evidence.

"If she was out there this many days, between coyotes, and the (feral) hogs, and with the wind blowing like this we'd have smelled something," Curtis said.

Donelle Pelton, the group's vice president, said the horses also played a part in search — more than just transportation.

"You know to trust your horse. If there's a strange scent, the horses would have picked up on that," Pelton said.

And while finding something was a concern for all the riders, Curtis said everyone was instructed to use caution if anything was found.

"If you find something, you don't touch it. You call in the investigators to take care of that," Curtis said. "Everybody knew not to touch anything."

But, ultimately, nothing was found in the area to drum up any concern.

A lot of what his group did, Curtis said, was mostly for reassurance.

"All we are doing today is settling someone's mind," he said, "So when folks drive by these areas they don't wonder what if something is in there."

Following an eventful week, Pete Kampfer — city manager in Colorado City who is acting as liaison between law enforcement and the media — reported that Sunday saw no new developments in the case.

Shawn Adkins, who was living with Hailey and her mother, Billie Dunn, at the time of her disappearance, was officially named a suspect by law enforcement on Friday.

Affidavits obtained through Freedom of Information requests last week revealed search warrants had been issued for a car that Adkins and Billie Jean Dunn shared, their cell phones, a computer, and multiple digital media devices.

Law enforcement officials also searched a landfill in north Abilene with cadaver dogs Friday.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/16/hailey-dunn-disappearance-sheriffs-posse-joins/

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »
COLORADO CITY, Texas -- KTXS has learned that more help will be arriving Monday night to find Hailey Dunn.

Marc Klaas of the KlaasKids Foundation tells KTXS News that their search and rescue director, Brad Dennis, along with representatives of the Texas based Laura Recovery Center will arrive in Colorado City Monday night.

Klaas says those arriving will work with volunteer searchers as well as law enforcement to find a sustainable way to search.

According to their website, Klaas began assisting those in need of search and rescue in 1994 after his own child was killed.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26522726/detail.html

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #264 on: January 18, 2011, 12:41:50 AM »
Shawn Adkins Posts Messages on "Myspace" (watch video)

Reported by: Cody McDonell & Lane Stone
Monday, January 17 2011

Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, is the only person named a suspect in Hailey's disappearance.

Adkins said at the beginning of the investigation he is innocent but we haven't heard much from him since.

He is talking about the disappearance on "Myspace". A few days ago he wrote an update that seems to be a message for Billie.

It says there is nothing more than I want than to be there for you... Don't lose hope, I love you Hailey and David.

Adkins also posted pictures of himself with Billie and Hailey that appear to be taken on Christmas day.

Adkins spoke to KTAB right after Hailey disappeared, but hasn't done any more interviews on the advice of his attorney.

Click below for continuing coverage of the search for Hailey Dunn and to see an interview with a local defense attorney about the case and why Adkins may be staying silent.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332366&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #265 on: January 18, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »
KlaasKids Foundation to join search for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn

* By Greg Kendall-Ball
    * Abilene Reporter-News
    * Posted January 18, 2011 at 12:05 a.m.

The KlaasKids Foundation, an organization started by Marc Klaas in 1994 after the abduction and murder of his daughter Polly, will be joining the effort to find missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

Brad Dennis, director of search operations for the foundation, was scheduled to arrive in Colorado City on Monday night.

Talking by phone from Midland, Dennis said the organization had been contacted by Hailey Dunn’s family and was joining the search in cooperation with local law enforcement agencies.

According to the KlaasKids Foundation website, Dennis, a retired Navy master chief petty officer, has managed search efforts for more than 60 missing children across the country.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/klaaskids-foundation-join-search-missing-colorado/

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »

Hailey Dunn's Siblings 1/16/11

Jennifer Samp
CBS 7 News
jsamp@cbs7.com
January 16, 2011

As we enter the third week of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn’s disappearance, frustration grows with city officials, the community and her family as they try to find her.

Billie and Clint Dunn have two children, Hailey and 16-year-old David, but before her disappearance Hailey also helped welcome a new addition, the birth of her half sister Chloe.

CBS 7 spoke with that family who says even baby Chloe is feeling the stress of her big sister missing.

Three-month-old Chloe Dunn is the youngest of Hailey’s siblings.

Chloe’s mother Naomi Stewart says, as a baby Hailey looked almost identical to her little sister.

"Hailey called Chloe mini-me,” she said. "When I was pregnant with Chloe we thought she was a boy, and Hailey prayed and prayed for a little girl."

She says Hailey never showed any signs of jealousy of her newborn sister.

"I know she would do anything for Chloe," she said.

Stewart believes Chloe is also feeling the anxiety of her big sister’s absence.

Hailey played with Chloe everyday.

"Doctors say that its normal, everybody has a different type of trauma.” She said. “This applies with babies too."

Hailey still remains missing.

Stewart says until Hailey’s return, memories are keeping their hopes alive.

"Hailey was tickling her nose and Chloe laughed for the first time,” she said “I’ve had that play over and over in my mind, waiting and wishing it would happen again, today or tomorrow.”

CBS 7 also spoke with their father Clint Dunn, he says he would do anything for his children.

He and Stewart continue to pass out these flyers in hopes someone will have information.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23381

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2011, 09:55:26 AM »
Why Suspect Shawn Adkins Hasn't Been Arrested

Reported by: Priscilla Luong
Monday, January 17 2011

Shawn Adkins, the only named suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn is not in police custody yet.

"(An arrest) will depend upon when the investigators and prosecutors look at that and say they've got an overwhelming case to put somebody in jail and keep them there," said Pete Kampfer, Colorado City police spokesman.

There are other persons of interest in addition to Adkins, Kampfer said, and investigators are working to piece all the evidence and information together.

"All the agencies are engaged, and nobody's lost any traction."

The investigation is continuing in both directions – criminal, in the event Hailey was kidnapped or harmed, and missing person, in the event she left on her own.

"Our prayers are that Hailey will be returned in good order," he said. "You try to keep the faith."

Hailey was last seen by Adkins on Dec. 27.  He told investigators she was going to stop by her dad's house, then to spend the night with a friend.  She never made it nor was she expected at either location.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332206

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2011, 01:41:40 PM »
Colorado City Will Add Two Officers To Search For Missing Girl

By Laura Madison, KTXS News
POSTED: 12:00 pm CST January 18, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Colorado City will add two police officers to their force to help search for missing teen Hailey Dunn.

KTXS News has talked with Pete Kampfer, the city manager of Colorado City, says ads will go out today to advertise hiring two new officers.

Three weeks in to the search for the missing eighth-grader, Kampfer says many of the people who have volunteered to search have had to go back to their normal lives, but efforts need to continue to find Hailey.

In other developments, Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids, an organization that searches for missing kids, says he's organizing a search party that will be headquartered at the Abilene Civic Center Wednesday.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26529027/detail.html

Offline Tracian

• DIVA
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »

Search Of Landfills Did Turn Up Some Evidence In Hailey Dunn Disappearance

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- A spokesman for the investigation into a missing 13-year-old West Texas girl says dogs searching one of three landfills turned up evidence in the case even as hope remains for her safe return.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday on what was found or why the landfill in Abilene was searched in the disappearance of Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Abilene is 70 miles east of Colorado City, where the girl went missing last month.

Kampfer says searchers also used cadaver dogs in the Colorado City and Snyder landfills.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn. The woman's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw Hailey a day earlier.

No one has been arrested. Adkins has been named a person of interest in the case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26530508/detail.html

Offline Tracian

• DIVA
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
LUBBOCK, Texas (CBS/KTAB/AP) Dogs searching a landfill have turned up evidence in the case of Hailey Dunn, the 13-year-old West Texas girl reported missing in late December, a spokesman for the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

PICTURES: Hailey Dunn Missing

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate about what had been found during a recent search of the landfill in Abilene, about 70 miles east of Colorado City, where Hailey  Dunn was reported missing.

"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill."

He said landfills in Colorado City and nearby Snyder also have been searched.

"We have not given up on the idea she is a runaway or something along those lines of a missing person," Kampfer said. "We don't want to do that. If there's a small chance that she's still out there alive we want to keep up our effort to find her."

Details about the case have been scarce until last week, when a town official named her mother's former live-in boyfriend as one of several people of interest in the case.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn, whose boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw Hailey a day earlier when she told him she was going to her father's nearby home and would stay overnight with a friend. She did neither.

Police affidavits released this week offer a few details, but suggest the teen's mother and her live-in boyfriend lied and gave contradictory statements to investigators. Both have strongly denied involvement in Hailey's disappearance and claimed they were misquoted by police.

Officials have said Adkins is among several people of interest, but they declined to offer details about any others. Adkins told AP on Friday that he had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance and said he prays daily for her safe return.

COMPLETE COVERAGE OF HAILEY DUNN ON CRIMESIDER

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20028817-504083.html

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2011, 05:31:38 PM »
Search Of Landfills Did Turn Up Some Evidence In Hailey Dunn Disappearance

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- A spokesman for the investigation into a missing 13-year-old West Texas girl says dogs searching one of three landfills turned up evidence in the case even as hope remains for her safe return.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday on what was found or why the landfill in Abilene was searched in the disappearance of Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Abilene is 70 miles east of Colorado City, where the girl went missing last month.

Kampfer says searchers also used cadaver dogs in the Colorado City and Snyder landfills.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn. The woman's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw Hailey a day earlier.

No one has been arrested. Adkins has been named a person of interest in the case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26530508/detail.html

Kampfer: Report of Dunn Evidence in Landfill Not Accurate

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports
Tuesday, January 18 2011

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says reports that dogs searching landfills turned up evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn are not accurate.

Kampfer says while dogs got two "hits," nothing has been confirmed as evidence in the case.

An Associated Press report titled "Landfill Search Yields Clues in Missing Dunn Case?" has circulated across the country on the websites of television stations and newspapers. In the report, Kampfer is cited as saying dogs "turned up evidence." Kampfer says he can't confirm that.

Investigators combed through trash at Allied Waste Services Friday, and law enforcement deemed the search "unsuccessful."

Trash from Colorado City is transferred to Abilene, Odessa, or Snyder, Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com.

Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says many landfills in the vicinity of Colorado City have already been searched. Dean said searches of this nature are not uncommon in missing persons cases that may involve criminal activity.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332606&shr=addthis

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Two Private Search Groups Arrive in Colorado City

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Tuesday, January 18 2011

Representatives from two private missing children's organizations have arrived in Colorado City to help in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn – KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center.

Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children said he would be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn.  Dennis said he hoped to formulate a plan for how his group can assist in the search by the end of the day.

The Laura Recovery Center, based outside Houston in Friendswood, Texas, organizes community-based searches using very specific mapping and communication techniques.

The organization was founded in 1998, a year following the deadly abduction of 12-year-old Laura Smither.  Smither's body was recovered 17 days after her disappearance.  The organization was established to honor the volunteers, document and publish their effective search methods, and educate families, communities, and law enforcement in working together to prevent abductions.

The KlaasKids Foundation was established in 1994 in an effort to help protect children. The group's founder, Marc Klaas, is the father of murder victim Polly Hannah Klaas. He's regularly appears on the Nancy Grace show to discuss Hailey's case.

Dennis has over twenty years of experience in search and rescue and disaster response, according to klaaskids.org. He has managed search efforts for over 60 missing/abducted children around the country.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332626

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
Kampfer: Report of Dunn Evidence in Landfill Not Accurate

Tuesday, January 18 2011

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says reports that dogs searching landfills turned up evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn are not accurate.

Kampfer says while dogs got two "hits," nothing has been confirmed as evidence in the case.

An Associated Press report titled "Landfill Search Yields Clues in Missing Dunn Case?" has circulated across the country on the websites of television stations and newspapers. In the report, Kampfer is cited as saying dogs "turned up evidence." Kampfer says he can't confirm that.

Investigators combed through trash at Allied Waste Services Friday, and law enforcement deemed the search "unsuccessful."

Trash from Colorado City is transferred to Abilene, Odessa, or Snyder, Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com.

Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says many landfills in the vicinity of Colorado City have already been searched. Dean said searches of this nature are not uncommon in missing persons cases that may involve criminal activity.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332606&shr=addthis

Levi_Page

New evidence found in a landfill related to the Hailey Dunn investigation! Listen here @ 9 PM ET for the latest: http://tinyurl.com/4ff8g9t

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
UPDATE: Possible Text from Hailey Being 'Held Close'

Tuesday, January 18 2011 Tuesday, 3 p.m.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer now confirms there is a text message that is being looked into by authorities. He would not reveal additional information.

Tuesday, 9 a.m.
Investigators are not saying either way whether there was a text message sent from Hailey Dunn on Dec. 27, the day she disappeared.

Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, told a Nancy Grace show producer that investigators informed her Hailey may have sent a text message to a friend at 2 p.m. on the 27th that allegedly said, "what are you doing?"

No information will be released about any text message, Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the Colorado City Police Department said.  Any information in that respect will be "held close to the investigation," he said.

Tuesday, 6 a.m.
New theories surfaced during Monday evening's Nancy Grace broadcast on HLN that could provide insight into exactly when 13-year-old Hailey Dunn went missing.

The boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Shawn Adkins, is believed to be the last person to see Hailey on the afternoon on Monday, December 27. Adkins has been named a suspect in the Colorado City girl's disappearance.

Much speculation has been made about information in police affidavits that doesn't seem to coincide with Adkins' timeline on the morning of the 27th. One theory is that Adkins might have taken Hailey sometime between abruptly leaving his job in Snyder at 6:10 a.m. and Billie Dunn coming home from work that afternoon.

During Monday evening's Nancy Grace show, Billie Dunn said a neighbor had seen Hailey walking in her front yard as late as noon that day. Dunn also told a show producer that investigators informed her Hailey may have sent a text message to a friend at 2 p.m. on the 27th that allegedly said, "what are you doing?" Local authorities have not confirmed this information to bigcountryhomepage.com.

The entire nation also got a look at the videos and images posted on bigcountryhomepage.com last week that believe to show Adkins dressed in costume while holding knives and using illegal drugs.

"I think that was from before we got together," mother Billie Dunn said in response to the videos. "I did see some online and it's not good"

Grace showed the videos over and over again and asked her "unleash the lawyers" panel what the images could mean if it was one of their clients. The attorneys said while the videos and pictures didn't look good, they aren't necessarily admissible in court.

A caller on the program asked Billie Dunn if she'd be willing to take another polygraph exam after reportedly failing her initial attempt. Dunn has previously told KTAB News she's not sure if she'd take an exam from local authorities again.

"I would think about taking one with someone else -- with the FBI," said Dunn. "That's something I would have to think long and hard about."

The program then shifted attention to the cadaver dog "hits" at an Abilene landfill on Friday. A former Santa Anna detective told Grace they aren't that big of a deal.

"I don't think we can make anything of them right now," said former detective Donald Schweitzer. "It's a logical place to search. I think the cadaver dogs are likely to find something if the remains aren't too deep down. I don't think we should make too much of it now."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332277

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
Spokesman: Evidence 'may have' been found at Abilene landfill in case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn

* By Celinda Emison
    * Abilene Reporter-News
    * Posted January 18, 2011 at 6:08 p.m.

Colorado City – The search of the Abilene landfill last week may or may not have turned up evidence involved in the Hailey Dunn case, said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City and a spokesman for the task force.

“You can say they may have found evidence,” Kampfer said adding that there has been no confirmation by task force officials whether anything was found during the search of the Allied Waste Services landfill last Thursday and Friday.

About a dozen officers from the Abilene Police Department searched through debris and cadaver dogs, trained in locating human remains, were on the scene as well.

The search for Dunn, a 13-year-old cheerleader is primarily a criminal investigation Kampfer said.

“But we are still looking at the missing person aspect of the case,” he said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/spokesman-evidence-may-have-been-found-case-missin/

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2011, 08:58:20 PM »
KlaasKids sets up operations in Colorado City Civic Center in search for Hailey Dunn

* By Celinda Emison
    * Abilene Reporter-News
    * Posted January 18, 2011 at 4:24 p.m.

Officials from the KlaasKids Search Center began setting up local operations at the Colorado City Civic Center this afternoon to assist in the hunt for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than three weeks.

Brad Dennis, director of the search center for the KlaasKids Foundation, arrived Monday night. Today, he has been meeting with law enforcement officials and Dunn’s family to coordinate the search efforts.

“We are going to manage the search,” Dennis said of volunteer efforts to find the teen. “Then we will be training local people to do what we do.”

All volunteers will be asked to register at the Civic Center starting at 10 a.m. Wednesday. Dennis said that all volunteers must show identification, be in good health and be dressed appropriately for the environment.

The KlaasKids Foundation was started by Marc Klaas in 1994 after the abduction and murder of his daughter Polly and is dedicated to assisting with searches for missing children.

Dennis, a retired Navy master chief petty officer, has managed search efforts for more than 60 missing children across the country.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/klaaskids-sets-operations-colorado-city-civic-cent/

Offline Storm

• QUEEN
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
Heart, just wanted to say thanks for posting all the new link on this thread.. :rose:
Acta non verba

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2011, 10:53:57 PM »
Heart, just wanted to say thanks for posting all the new link on this thread.. :rose:
My pleasure Storm!

Offline Heart

• Global Moderator
  • DIVA
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »
Updated 10:49 p.m.: Investigators mum on results of landfill search for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn
City to add two officers to police force

* By Celinda Emison
    * Abilene Reporter-News
    * Posted January 18, 2011 at 10:49 p.m.

COLORADO CITY — The search of the Abilene landfill last week may or may not have turned up evidence involved in the Hailey Dunn case, said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City and a spokesman for the task force investigating the teen’s disappearance.

“You can say they may have found evidence,” Kampfer said, adding that there has been no confirmation by task force officials about whether anything was found during the search of the Allied Waste Services landfill on Thursday and Friday.

About a dozen officers from the Abilene Police Department searched through piles of debris last week. Cadaver dogs, trained in locating human remains, were on the scene as well.

Also last week, investigators named Shawn Adkins, 25, the former boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean Dunn, as a suspect.

Adkins has declined repeated requests by the Reporter-News for interviews. He maintained his innocence in an interview last week with The Associated Press. Adkins has been staying at his grandmother’s home since Billie Jean Dunn asked him to leave on Jan. 5.

Kampfer said Adkins is under 24-hour surveillance by law enforcement.

On Tuesday, two men and a woman were seen coming out of the home of Adkin’s grandmother Renee Norwood, who lives in the community of Dunn, 10 miles north of Colorado City. The three unidentified individuals also were seen walking behind the Norwood house. The woman was seen holding a container and a latex glove.

Billie Jean Dunn made another appearance on TV personality Nancy Grace’s program Tuesday night on HLN.

“As long as I can believe Hailey’s alive, I’m going to believe that,” she told Grace. Billie Jean Dunn said authorities have seized the sheets from Hailey’s bed. Grace reported that police are investigating whether Adkins had access to sulfuric acid.

However, Kampfer said no such information has been released by police.

Kampfer said officials have not said whether they plan to make an arrest soon.

“A body or bodily fluid would certainly bolster the case,” Kampfer said, “but I do not know what the prosecutors are planning.”

Also on Tuesday, Kampfer announced that he would be adding two full-time police officers to the city’s force, which currently consists of six officers, including the interim chief. The jobs will pay between $30,000 and $35,000 depending on experience.

He said two patrol officers will be hired and that the positions are permanent.

“We were going to hire some more staff to work in the city,” Kampfer said.

The search for Dunn, 13, is primarily a criminal investigation, Kampfer said.

“But we are still looking at the missing person aspect of the case,” he said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/spokesman-evidence-may-have-been-found-case-missin/